Menu Close
How Can We Help?
< All Topics

What should I do if I’m sick?

In case of illness or injury, please inform your host immediately.

For a minor illness such as flu and cough, please go to your local doctor and/or ask your host to take you if they are available. You will be responsible for all costs, although some may be claimed back through your health insurance.

For any serious illness, your host family will take you to the local hospital to get emergency care for you. They will immediately notify Study Vision, who will notify your school/university, your agent and/or parents. Your health insurance may cover most of the costs.

You may need to obtain a medical certificate to present to your university for any time off during your normal study term when visiting a doctor and/or hospital.

Table of Contents