Study Vision has been monitoring the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health in relation to COVID-19. Since the outbreak, the health and well-being of our students and homestay have been our main priority.
Though the coronavirus situation continues to improve and restrictions ease, we still encourage our students and hosts to be cautious by practising the followings:
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after using the restroom and before preparing or consuming food. Using soap and warm water, wash for at least 20 seconds, making sure to also wash your fingertips.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 90% alcohol to wipe your hands when required.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, and then throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- As much as you can, avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between you and other people whenever possible.
- Avoid large gatherings
- Be extra careful around vulnerable people
- Please encourage open dialogue and provide emotional support.
- Please practice a heightened sense of awareness while in the community and be diligent in speaking up when you encounter those who are culturally insensitive.
- This is our opportunity as global citizens to stand together to support and display empathy for anyone suffering huge loss.
If You Feel Sick
- Get tested if you have any symptoms, even if they are only mild
- Follow NSW Health advice about staying home while you are waiting for test results.
Australian Government advice
For all official COVID-19 advice and information from the Australian Government:
- Australian Government website
- The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps health officials support and protect you, your friends and family. The app is now available from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Australian Government Coronavirus App from the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Australian Government Whatsapp
- Call the National Coronavirus Line on 1800 020 080 for information and advice
NSW Government advice
For all official COVID-19 advice and information from the NSW Government:
- NSW Government COVID-19 website
- NSW Health website
- Service NSW app from the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Call the 24/7 Service NSW Centre on 13 77 88. For free help in your language, call Translating and Interpreting Services on 13 14 50 and ask them to contact us on 13 77 88.
- Call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511
Last updated 30 June 2021