Your guests should feel welcomed to your home and be provided with the basic necessities. You are encouraged to provide other amenities if you like, but you're required to provide at a minimum the following essentials.
- Single furnished bedroom with a bed, wardrobe, study desk with lamp and chair
- Wifi with large or unlimited download limit
- Access to household facilities including bathroom, kitchen and laundry
- You will need to provide toilet paper, hand soap and other basic toiletries.
- Please have a set of bed linen available, in case the tenant does not have their own set when they move in.
Guests will expect a clean and tidy space when they arrive at your homestay.
- Make sure the tenant’s bedroom is cleaned before the tenant moves in
- Clean every room a guest might access, especially the bathrooms and common areas
- Check that there is no dust, hair or mold on surfaces
- The tenant is responsible for cleaning their own bedroom during their stay. Please provide assistance and cleaning equipment when needed
No meals need to be provided for Co-Living tenants. However, they will need access to your kitchen, so they can prepare their own meals. They should leave the kitchen in a clean state after using it
Upon arrival at your home, it is important to make them feel welcomed and comfortable with their new surroundings. Be prepared to show the tenant around the local area, and help them locate facilities they may need, such as banks, public transport, shopping centres, etc.
However, please do not be concerned if they do not communicate with you as much as students you may have hosted previously. These tenants are more independent, and are not new arrivals to Australia.